Ormsby & Rhodes is currently recruiting graduates for its audit department to commence training contracts in September / October 2022. Our audit department deals with a variety of clients covering a wide range of sectors. During their training period trainees will also gain experience in other areas of our work such as taxation, payroll, insolvency and company secretarial. We are looking for graduates who are ambitious and ready for hands-on experience. They must show initiative and have a willingness to learn. Please submit your C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Training in Ormsby & Rhodes
ADVANTAGES OF TRAINING IN A MEDIUM SIZED FIRM VERSUS A TOP 4 FIRM
Ormsby & Rhodes is one of the longest established accounting firms in Ireland. It was established in 1911 and moved to its current premises at 9 Clare Street, Dublin 2 in 1996.
The firm currently comprises of eight partners with approximately fifty staff and is consistently ranked in the top 20 firms in Ireland. Ormsby & Rhodes is the Irish member of BKR International.
For decades Ormsby & Rhodes has been providing graduates with the opportunity to gain work experience in a professional and dynamic environment in order to assist them in achieving their ACA qualification.
Ormsby & Rhodes prides itself in offering clients ‘professionalism with a personal touch’. This also extends to graduates. The Ormsby & Rhodes graduate training programme is designed not only to allow our graduates become qualified accountants, but also give them the rounded experience necessary to become a true professional and business advisor.
When choosing an accounting practice in which to complete the ACA training, graduates have many options including whether to train in a medium sized practice like Ormsby & Rhodes, or train in one of the ‘Big 4’ firms. Each option has its advantages and the decision of which is the best ‘fit’ depends on the individual involved.
We surveyed our current graduates to see what they thought made Ormsby & Rhodes a unique firm to train in and what they thought were the advantages of training in a firm the size of Ormsby & Rhodes over training in a bigger firm.
Top 5 advantages were as follows:
- Ormsby & Rhodes offers graduates the opportunity to work on a large variety of clients over many sectors including manufacturing, retail, charities and professional firms. As a result the work is diversified and graduates get to put into practice what is being studied through the ACA exams.
- At Ormsby & Rhodes there is often the opportunity to report directly to partners on some audits and also work directly with them on special projects. Graduates are encouraged to attend final client meetings when possible which gives them a real insight into how decisions are made.
- Ormsby & Rhodes offers excellent scope for promotion; two of the firm’s current Partners Kate Mullahy and Colm Duggan have worked their way up from graduate level to the highest level within the firm. Links to their stories can be found at
- The offices of Ormsby & Rhodes are located in Dublin city centre and only a 5 minute walk from the CAI building. This gives graduates an excellent opportunity to attend all lectures.
- Ormsby & Rhodes has an excellent social scene including a very successful tag rugby team, a weekend away at Christmas and other ad hoc firm social nights throughout the year.
If you are a recent or future graduate with an honours degree in search of an ACA graduate training contract and you feel the above would be a good ‘fit’ to you then please send your CV to email@example.com
Ormsby & Rhodes is looking to recruit a part or newly qualified ACA graduate to join their audit team. This role will work with a varied portfolio of clients and will report directly to the Audit Managers/Partners.
This firm works with a wide variety of clients across a number of industries including well known multinationals and local indigenous businesses. This is a great opportunity for someone to grow their experience in a firm where career development and progression is a core value.
The firm is eager to recruit a professional looking to progress their career in a well-established firm who promote work life balance and flexible working arrangements.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Responsible for working with the Audit Managers and Partners on the planning of audits
- Attend planning meetings with clients and Partners
- Work with Audit Managers and Partners to close any queries raised and providing guidance to clients on technical accounting issues
- Complete audit file and preparation of financial statements
- Delegating to junior team members and assisting them with on the job training
- Maintain responsibility for assurance assignment planning;
- Actively participate in business development and participate in client tenders where appropriate;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Mentor and develop junior staff;
- Additional ad hoc duties.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Accounting qualification essential (ACCA/ACA). Part qualified will also be considered.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role;
- Proven experience of managing a client portfolio;
- Strong knowledge of Irish standards and framework (Irish GAAP, Irish Company Law etc.);
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
- Experience with Caseware Accounts Production is advantageous but not essential.
- A strong communicator with a passion for mentoring and training junior staff.
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter ‘Audit Senior’